Run by SP Energy Networks (SPEN) – the electricity distribution network in central/southern Scotland and North Wales, Merseyside, Cheshire and North Shropshire (the former ManWeb area) – the Green Economy Fund is a way of SPEN investing in the communities it serves to support the Scottish and the UK Government’s energy ambitions.
SPEN is contribute up to £20m to the Fund over two years to support initiatives.
The fund promotes the uptake and infrastructure provision of electric vehicles (EV) or other low carbon solutions.
Funding rounds normally open in June and November.
- Building the infrastructure and the learnings needed for the changes in heating and transport expected over the next decade.
- Stimulate economic activity and create jobs in Scotland
- Support the Scottish Government’s ambitious energy strategy and the UK’s drive to a low carbon economy
- Work with specific communities within our operational area in Scotland, supporting both rural and urban areas in particular that suffer from fuel poverty
- Provide access to funding for projects that may ordinarily struggle to obtain funding.
Priority of the Fund:
- Renewable and low carbon innovative solutions
- Transport – promoting the uptake and infrastructure provision of Electric Vehicles or other low carbon solutions
- Heat – provision of affordable energy for consumers – addressing fuel poverty
- Local energy systems – creation of local energy solutions to match generation and demand
- Learnings and data to assess future impact of low carbon economy
- Low carbon job creation
More details: www.spenergynetworks.co.uk/pages/green_economy_fund
FIND OUT ABOUT OTHER FUNDING STREAMS ON OUR DEDICATED PAGE