Rochdale MBC has updated its bus fleet with the addition of seven new Mellor Strata HF buses. The ‘size-appropriate’ accessible buses are already in service transporting school children with additional needs to and from schools in the local area.
- Mellor delivers seven Strata HFs buses to Rochdale MBC
- ‘Size-appropriate’ buses to transport school children with additional needs
- “The perfect choice for our requirements,” Graeme Douglas, Support Service Manager, Rochdale MBC
Each Strata HF has the capacity for 16-seated passengers and up to six wheelchair users, with bespoke lift access tailored to the Council’s requirements. The flexible, practical and configurable nature of the buses allows passengers with varying needs to travel safely and with dignity.
As well as making full use of the Strata HF’s superior accessibility, Rochdale MBC will benefit from the buses’ outstanding running costs, efficiency and fuel economy. The Mellor Strata HF is built on a proven Mercedes Sprinter chassis and driveline, and includes a single leaf glider door, Eberspächer heater and underfloor tail lift.
Graeme Douglas, Support Service Manager at Rochdale Borough Council, said, “We were looking to replace some of the buses in our ageing fleet that are used to transport children with additional needs from home to school daily. Following a thorough tender process,” he said, “We awarded Mellor the contract to supply the seven Strata minibuses.
“Our new Mellor buses have a working lifespan of seven years and are ideally suited to our operational criteria, making them the perfect choice for our requirements. With the Strata’s high levels of comfort and safety, passengers will be pleased too.”
- Rochdale-based Mellor is a leading manufacturer of size-appropriate buses to suit a wide range of operations
- Boasting a 60-year history, Mellor is well established as a key vehicle manufacturer in the North-West
- 27,000sq.ft. manufacturing facility comprising state-of-the-art production equipment and processes
- Three production lines, 500-vehicle per year capacity, 130-strong skilled workforce
- Product range includes Strata, Orion, Tucana and Pico
- Low-floor, zero-emissions electric and accessible model variants with a wide range of seating options
- Mellor is part of the Woodall Nicholson group of companies
- Woodall Nicholson comprises Mellor, Coleman Milne, VCS, CM Specialist Vehicles, Treka Bus, Binz International and JM Engineering