Addison Lee – London’s largest private transport provider – has partnered with JustPark to support drivers in the transition to electric by providing them with exclusive access to off-street charging points.
- Private hire drivers will be able to access FleetCharge by JustPark and Octopus Energy, a brand-new charging solution that provides innovative, low-cost off-street charging locations
- For Addison Lee drivers who currently can’t charge at home, JustPark is building an on-demand, off-street charging network within a few minutes’ walk of their homes, powered by 100% renewable energy
- With chargers installed by Octopus Energy, the solution gives each driver a similar experience to charging at home, reducing time spent searching for an available charger on the public network
- The solution will be available to drivers from November 2021, in line with Addison Lee’s roll out of electric vehicles (EVs) onto the fleet and supported by its £3.5m Future of Mobility Fund
The partnership follows Addison Lee’s announcement last month that it will transition its standard fleet to fully electric by 2023, and gives drivers access to FleetCharge – a new charging solution from JustPark that provides convenient off-street charging locations for fleet drivers.
For drivers who work with Addison Lee and do not have off-street parking available to them, JustPark will secure a parking location within a 5-minute walk of their home and install a conveniently placed charging unit. For those drivers who already have access to off-street parking, FleetCharge will be available to support the installation process at their homes.
The FleetCharge points will be installed by green energy tech pioneer Octopus Energy, and drivers who rent a JustPark parking space will be given exclusive use of the charger, powered by low cost, renewable electricity also provided by Octopus, while reducing the time spent searching for an available public charging point.
Addison Lee’s CEO, Liam Griffin, commented: ‘‘Following our pledge to electrify our fleet by 2023, we know how important it is to support our partner drivers with suitable charging solutions for their vehicles. That’s why we have chosen to partner with industry innovator, JustPark, as the first fleet to adopt its FleetCharge product.”
“Many vehicle owners in London and UK cities lack access to off-street parking, and the adoption of electric vehicles will only succeed if drivers have access to a mix of charging options. We hope that our partnership with JustPark encourages businesses and consumers to take similar, innovative steps to help our city rapidly shift to EVs. We therefore welcome further co-operation between TfL, London boroughs, energy companies, charging providers and businesses as we work together to bolster London’s charging infrastructure at pace.”
Transport Minister, Trudy Harrison, said: “I am delighted to hear about this forward-thinking partnership, with Addison Lee leading the way by supporting its fleet drivers to make the all-important switch to cleaner vehicles.
“Since 2020, the Government has committed nearly £3.5bn to support the electric vehicle revolution and I hope this scheme encourages other businesses to follow in these footsteps as we work towards our net-zero targets.”
Demonstrating a viable sharing model for EV charging, FleetCharge ensures fleet requirements are met without placing additional strain on the public charging network. Addison Lee partner drivers will also see cost and time saving benefits from the solution with Octopus Energy-powered charging locations placed within five minutes of their homes, drivers are expected to save on average 16 hours of their time each month than if they solely relied on the public rapid charging network.
Anthony Eskinazi, Founder & CEO at JustPark, said: “We are delighted to help accelerate Addison Lee’s journey to becoming fully electrified, while helping to drastically reduce the fleet’s carbon impact and pollution in London. Our FleetCharge solution knocks down barriers to EV adoption and will enable and encourage more fleets to electrify faster than they ever thought possible, and this partnership is just the beginning.”
About Addison Lee
- Addison Lee is London’s largest premium managed car and courier service, carrying nearly 7 million passengers and over 2 million deliveries across the capital every year in its 4000 strong fleet, none more than 3 years old.
- Established in 1974, ComCab is the longest standing black taxi fleet in the capital, operating over 2,500 iconic black taxis across London. 25% of our operating fleet are low emission vehicles, helping reduce carbon emissions and creating a greener transport infrastructure. ComCab offers unrivalled coverage and flexibility to London’s business community and valued private clients within the city and surrounding areas. Drivers have on average 20 years’ experience in the industry and have all passed the world renowned ‘Knowledge of London’. ComCab is an award-winning business with a community first ethos and have been recognised for keeping London moving during the COVID-19 crisis.
- Our courier service is the largest same-day courier in London.
- AL Now offers London’s businesses a two-hour delivery window
- Collections up to 7pm for next working day delivery
- Same day courier service will have your parcel collected quickly and delivered efficiently
- Every parcel is electronically tracked, with proof of delivery
- Dedicated fleet of bicycles, cars, motorbikes, and vans
- Couriers practice social distancing when delivering your packages
- Safety and hygiene are at the core of Addison Lee’s service, which is used by 80% of the FTSE100.
- All of Addison Lee’s non-EV fleet is offset through a partnership with Climate Care.
- Our Safer Journey Initiative is designed to ensure the safety of both our drivers and passengers, with our drivers rated on their approach to cleanliness every journey by our customers and a network of mobile quality assessors ensuring our standards are adhered to.
- The first UK ground transport business to launch a booking app, Addison Lee offers 24/7, 365 days a year customer service through app, web, and phone.
- A consortium led by Liam Griffin (CEO) and Cheyne Capital’s Strategic Value Credit business completed a buy-out of the company in March 2020
Founded in 2006 and backed by some of the world’s leading investors, JustPark helps more than 7.5 million drivers make smarter and more sustainable journeys using its industry leading app. JustPark users can find, reserve and pay for parking across a network of over 50,000 car parks, hotels, residential driveways and a variety of other real-estate providers.
Since 2017, JustPark has operated the UK’s fastest growing and multi-award-winning mobile parking payment service, helping local authorities and parking operators provide cashless and faster payment solutions. In 2020, JustPark took over the operation of all public sector parking payments in Northern Ireland, while continuing to support Cornwall, Cambridge, the London Borough of Camden and more than 20 other public sector contracts and now process in excess of 1.5 million transactions every month.
By unlocking the potential of under-utilised real-estate, JustPark helps motorists find a convenient and often cheaper place to park, while providing real-estate owners with new revenue opportunities and cutting-edge technology solutions.
About Octopus Energy Group
Octopus Energy Group was launched in 2016 with a vision of using technology to make the green energy revolution affordable whilst transforming customer experiences. It is part of Octopus Group, which is a certified BCorp. Octopus’s domestic energy arm already serves 3.1 million customers with cheaper greener power, through Octopus Energy, M&S Energy, Affect Energy, Ebico, London Power and Co-op Energy.
Octopus Energy Generation is Europe’s largest investor in solar energy, managing a £3.4bn portfolio of renewable energy assets throughout the continent.
In September 2021, Octopus Energy Group was valued at $4.6 billion after taking $600 million investment from Generation Investment Management co-founded and chaired by Al Gore, closing its third major investment round since launching to the market. With operations in the US, Japan, Germany, Spain, New Zealand and Australia, Octopus Energy Group’s mission to drive the affordable green revolution is going global.